Sunday, March 2, 2014

Twiggy's back, baby!

Oh my GOODNESS, thought Twiggy. Our first ambush! And goblins! Ew, how delightfully disgusting! Their odor made the humans smell positively enchanting. 

When the lone goblin succumbed to Shade's charm spell, Twiggy was at first excited to maybe learn some goblin lore.Maybe we could all have tea?

But the arrows coming from the first goblin's fellows, that pierced Shade's shoulder were completely inhospitible. How very rude, thought Twiggy. He wondered what they could possibly want. No sense in talking to the poor charmed fellow, Twiggy's sheltered upbringing made him conversant with only two languages: Elven, of course, and Common. 

Hm, but maybe I can figure out what they want another way. He studied the goblins' body language to see if there was anything else to discern other than hostility. [Sense Motive skill check.]

In any event, Twiggy was not the kind of elf who would ever let his companions down. I bet I could heal Shade if I got over to him. But Twiggy also knew that Zeddak was a much more accomplished healer than he was. Besides, I don't want to tire my poor self out on that kind of difficult spell. Best to leave it to the professionals. 

Instead, Twiggy ran up behind Thorvald and he began to sing so that the whole group could hear him, to inspire courage in his companions. He chose a rousing tale about a strange creature the Matrons had told the elflings about on nights of the dark moon...

"Risin’ up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It’s the, eye of the tiger, it’s the thrill of the fight
Risin’ up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he’s watchin’ us all with the eye of the tiger..."


No comments:

Post a Comment